We Sit on Front Porches and Scare Kids Away.


Actually our front porch decor is far from scary. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it's quite friendly and inviting. This is the first year I got to decorate for Halloween, because last year we lived in the Mortuary (for fun, spooky stories of our life living in the Mort visit here.) I have a hard time with Halloween decorations cause I don't want them to be too tacky, so I decided to omit orange completely from my color scheme and use just black, white, and gray. Here is what I came up with.






It's too early to carve pumpkins so I decided to paint them with chalkboard paint and draw on them instead.



I spray painted the other two white, I love white pumpkins!


 I also made the ever so popular triangle banner to string across my front porch. I just cut out triangles from gray fabric and hot glued them to black ribbon.


I even dressed up the wreath with a little black bow! (To learn how to make the coffee filter wreath, click here.)


Now I gotta work on the indoor decor. Happy Halloween!

Comments

  1. Very cute! I want to paint a room with the chalkboard paint so I can write on the walls :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts