Fourth of July Weekend

As a kid, The 4th of July was one of my favorite holidays. I think it's all about the traditions, we grow up doing certain things and as we continue to do them it places a stamp on our hearts. Over the last few years, our traditions have changed a bit, due to marriage, Finn and other factors but I'll always remember the 4th as a kid. Like a scene straight out of The Sandlot.

This year we went back to my roots a bit. We skipped the Murray Parade because Finn doesn't do mornings. But we went to Murray Fun Days, which wasn't as fun as I remember it, Finn wasn't impressed either. It was just too dang hot. We then spent the day with family bbqing, bouncing, water sliding, volleyballing and enjoyed street fireworks after dark. Oddly enough, Finn was digging the fireworks.

We kept ourselves busy this weekend with other fun activities. We went to the new Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point. It was cool but crowded, I don't love crowds. The kids thought it was fun though, Finn loved the water table. He sat up all by himself and played next to cousin Aubrey in the water.

On Sunday we spent the day in the Canyon with all the family. I'm so smitten by these Utah mountains, I feel so at peace when I'm up among the trees and fresh air. It's nitty gritty therapy. We ate a lot, because that's just what we do. We played by the river and in the trees with the kids. Ate some more and sat around the fire roasting starbursts and pizza rolls.

Happy Birthday Murica. We love you and all your glory.



















Comments

Popular Posts