Zemke Update

I have really been slacking on blogging lately and I wish I could get back into it full swing, but life has been so busy lately. I thought I'd give a little update on what we have been up to.

A few weeks ago we went up to Primary Children's Hospital to have a few procedures done for Finn. Tests. More tests. This time was a spinal tap to check his spinal fluid and make sure his brain was getting enough nutrients. He also got an EMG which test the functionality of his muscles. Then lots and lots of blood test. They all came back normal... again. We have decided we are going to take a break with the whole testing thing for a while (or maybe forever, who knows). He will have another MRI in a year or so but other than that, no more. He has been such a good boy lately. Hardly any meltdowns anymore. He has also been more smiley and recognizes when we are near him or not. He has a check up the other day and his pediatrician was so surprised at how well he can hold up his head now, I honestly thought she was going to cry she was so happy. I totally love her, she's like basically part of the fam.

In other news we still haven't found a house. The original house we were going to by didn't work out. Long story short it had a lien on it and they couldn't get it resolved so they couldn't sell it. We then found another house that we put an offer on but then we backed out because we realized it wasn't a good fit for us. Then... we found our DREAM house. I kid you not, this house is remarkable and I was in love. The kind of love where you can't eat, can't sleep, can't stop thinking about it. That sort of love. So we went in with guns blazing and put an offer on it 15k higher than the asking price (that's how smitten we were). Get this, we didn't get it, there was someone out there crazier than us that put in a higher offer. I'll be honest I was pretty depressed but I've regrouped and we're on the hunt for another (but secretly still hoping the buyers keel over and I'll swoop in and take my dream home). It's been pretty frustrating. We've been searching for a home for  nearly 3 months now and none of these houses feel right. We're going out again to look tomorrow and we're feeling hopeful that the right one is out there for us. Crossing our fingers!

Here are some photos of the house we lost out on.... tear.












Comments

  1. Holy huge backyard! That house is so cute! Sorry you guys didn't get it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you guys lost your dream house. I've totally been there and its sucks. HOWEVER, not long after I lost my dream home... I found one even better. Don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts