Finn's First Christmas












Finn's first Christmas was a spectacular one. We started a lot of fun traditions that I'm really loving! On Christmas Eve we had a dinner of crackers, cheese, summer sausage, sparkling cider and little Trader Joe's appetizers. After dinner we went to a Lutheran candlelight service which was the perfect way to start out Christmas, singing Christmas hymns and learning about the birth of Christ. We came home, got in our Christmas jammies, put cranky Finn to bed, then me and Noah opened our gifts from each other and watched A Christmas Story (that movie really never gets old). 

On Christmas day Finn woke up at 5:30 anxious to open his presents so that we did. He got so many fun toys from Santa. His favorite toy is his baby paper that crinkles when he plays with it. Noah and I opened our stockings then we got in our red plaid and we were off to Nana and Papa's. We walked in to my mom's house and there was wrapping paper flying everywhere, dogs barking, and people laughing hysterically. I guess they were all excited for Christmas or something. We opened presents there then went to my grandma's for brunch and present opening. When I think of Christmas growing up, that's the first thing I think of. Christmas morning and my grandma's, with waffles, dips, ham, fruit, veggies, breads, cookies, candy, roast, salads, appetizers, you name it, she's made it. She goes to a lot of hard work to make our Christmas special. We hung out at grandma's for the rest of the day and watched the kids play with their new gifts. We had a wonderful Christmas and I hope everyone else did as well. I'm dreading putting all the Christmas decorations away, it's so depressing. But if we leave our dead tree up any longer I'm afraid it's going to go up in flames. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

  1. Isn't the first Christmas so awesome! I was so beyond excited as we opened Emma's gifts with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first outfit is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great christmas! so many fun memories to cherish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts