My mom and I had a discussion about food once.
She claims she eats to live.
Well people I'm here to tell you I live to EAT.
The taste, the smell, the presentation, it's just really important to me, ok?
With this new "diet" I have going on it makes it difficult to eat really really super delicious things.
But when I do cook something that is so yummy and healthy, well then I think its worth mentioning.
So every Friday I will post a new recipe that I've tried out and I that I think is pretty scrumptious.
I really like to cook but with a new baby I don't have all day to cook lavish meals, so quick and dirty is my new motto when it comes to cooking.
So... this week I made....
Grilled Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Sandwiches
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
juice of 1 lemon
1 pound asparagus
splash of balsamic vinegar
pinch of parmesan cheese
individual sized pita bread
for the sauce:
1 1/2 cups fat free sour cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1. For the chicken, sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and rosemary then add lemon juice and marinate for a few minutes.
2. Grill chicken on medium heat until cooked through. Then cut into strips
3. For asparagus, break off the ends and lay flat on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar so the asparagus is lightly covered. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake asparagus for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees until tender but still crisp.
5. For the sauce add all ingredients into a small saucepan and cook on low until heated through.
6. Place chicken and asparagus on pita bread (I like to grill my pita bread) and drizzle sauce over. Then sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.
It's quite delectable.