Coping With Colic



I know, you're probably tired of reading my ramblings about colic but it consumed my life, so it's a big deal.
I promise, this is the last time.
I thought I'd jot down a few of the things that got us through those 2.5 months of joy + happiness.

1. Bouncing. We sat on an exercise ball with Finn in hand and bounced, it usually calmed him down enough to fall asleep.
2. Walk. He really liked being pushed in his stroller.
3. There were times when I thought I might snap. Put baby in his bed and just let him cry it out, he's going to cry anyway and you really should separate yourself when you feel you're losing your nerve.
4. Try it all. Try every product out there that claims it's a colic curer. Because if something just happens to work then you've got it made in the shade.
5. Go outside. Sometimes just stepping outside would calm him.
6. Leave baby with grandma and go out to dinner with the hubs. We did this once or twice and it was wonderful.
7. Get out of town. We went up to the cabin a few times and it was nice to have a change of scenery.
8. Rock it out. Sometimes rocking in a chair or in his rock n' play helped soothe him.
9. Cry. There were many times I just cried with him, it felt nice to get it all out.
10. Talk to someone. Talking to other moms who've experienced colic can help you feel like you aren't alone and who knows, they may offer some good advice.
11. Pray. God knows what is going on and he knows what's best.

Colic happens. But I reminded myself daily that it wouldn't last forever.
Someday he'll be a teenager, mouthing off.
It never ends.

But it's all worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts