It's Time, Boy



Remember a couple weeks ago when I was declaring my love for these last few moments of being pregnant and waiting and all that jazz? 
Well I'm over it.
 Don't get me wrong, I think a part of me will miss him being in my belly squirming around but I just want him squirming on the outside now. 
I want to hold my boy. We are 100% ready for his arrival now.
Bags are all packed.
Carseat is locked and loaded (we should get it checked out though cause I'm concerned we didn't install it right)
Bassinet is ready.
Giraffe swing is in full function and ready to rock.
Nursery has been finished for months.
Mom's ribs are about to break.

Ya we are totally ready over here. I have my weekly doctor's appointment today and I'm crossing my fingers for good news. Last Monday I was at 1 cm and 70% effaced. If I'm not at least at a 2 I will weep right there in the doctors office.
I'm at that point where not only physically am I ready to be done being pregnant, but mentally as well. Probably even more actually. I was really mean to everyone I came into contact with on Monday (sorry fellow shoppers and gallivanters at City Creek Mall, I probably should have picked a different day to expose my hormones to the world). 

Anyway, ya, I'm just done. I hope this baby boy comes soon cause I have really not been more excited for anything in my life. I cannot wait to meet my boy and see his sweet face all covered in gunk. I'm still a week away from my due date but I just feel that he is ready to come now (or maybe that's just me). If he's anything like his mother then he is super claustrophobic right now and about to have an anxiety attack.

Well I'm done rambling. Hopefully my next post will be of a cute baby boy's face (I will not be posting any post labor pictures, I'm sure I'll be doing everyone a favor, ugh).

Have a great weekend, I'll be walking, and walking, and walking, and bouncing on the birthing ball.

Comments

  1. Sending you good birthing vibes your way... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this, my own little boy is kicking away inside me. I'm just starting my third trimester and I'm already starting to feel ready to meet this little guy so I can only imagine how anxious you are! You're in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes! I tried everything to get my little guy going a little before my due date (walking, spicy Mexican, eggplant parmesan, "you know"), but I just ended up with a false alarm at the hospital on New Year's Eve and had to be induced two weeks later due to low fluid. Once they got my IV going, I thought, "I'm not ready!" Ha! But, I so was ready, and I'm glad to see some excited anticipation coming from you. It is such a wait, but it'll be over before you know it. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts