My Pregnancy Must Haves


Everybody's got their lists. Everybody's lists are different. Here's mine and I'm tellin ya, all these things were lifesavers!

1. Forever 21 maternity leggings. Ok this is real sad but Forever 21 discontinued their maternity line so you probably can't get these anymore but I love them so much. I have practically lived in mine since Christmas.

2. Ina May's Guide To Childbirth. The first half of this book is filled with birth stories and guess what? The stories are uplifting and positive. Everyone's birth is going to be different and it may not go as planned but it can have a great outcome no matter what. That's what I learned from this book and I like it a lot. Disclaimer: some of the stories are a little hippieish but that's all part of the fun.

3. Microwaveable Rice Bag. Even if you aren't pregnant you should make one of these for yourself, and all your lovers and friends. My poor back is in the worst shape and putting heat on it helps so much. Try it, trust me.

4. Vernor's Ginger Ale. Morning sickness (all day sickness, actually) was the absolute worst thing ever. I noticed that ginger helped settle my tummy a little bit so I lived off of ginger ale the first couple months. The best ginger ale you ask? Most definitely Vernor's. I'd never even heard of Vernor's until we stumbled upon it at the grocery store one day and my husband started freaking out cause he had grown up drinking it in the midwest and he hadn't ever seen it here in Utah so of course we picked up a twelve pack and it was gone a couple days later. Good stuff.

5. Prenatal Massage. I have only had one prenatal massage since being pregnant but it was the best thing I could have done to help out my poor body. I went to Salt Lake Prenatal Massage in Salt Lake City. They specialize in prenatal massages so I got the best of the best. Do you want to know the best part of a prenatal massage? You get to lay on your belly! (See photo above). Yes it was magical.

6. Popsicles. I'm so dang hungry all the time, and thirsty too. I don't want to be eating 24/7, otherwise I blow up like a huge ballon (more than I already have) and popsicles have helped take the edge off and give my tummy a little sugary love. They also helped while I was going through the morning sickness stage.

7. Prevacid. This is a new found saving grace. My heartburn is absolutely wretched. I'd never had heartburn before in my life and the first time I got it which was a month or two ago, I thought my insides were on fire and I that was going to die. My doctor gave me a list of over the counter heartburn meds I could take and I started with Pepcid and it did nothing. Bummer. Then I tried Prevacid. Winner! I can finally sleep at night without regurgitating my latest meal combined with acid. TMI.

8. Body Pillow. My body pillow is nothing fancy, just one that we've had laying around the house. But it has been a huge help with sleeping.

9. Slippery Elm Lozenges. Before I discovered the Prevacid I was using these for heartburn. My awesome neighbor next door gave me some to try out and they helped with my heartburn pretty well. The only downside is they taste a little funny but they are good if you wanna go the more natural route.

10. Tums. Not only are they delish but they also help with the heartburn and indigestion. Not as good as Prevacid but they take off the edge if I've over done it on the goods.

Well there you have it. Everything you could ever need for pregnancy. Not really but it's a start!





Comments

  1. If the wives tales are true, with all the heart burn, your baby is going to have A LOT of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good list, i'll have to refer back to it when the time has come. That prenatal massage looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was soooo sad when they discontinued the maternity line at Forever 21. You're right, their leggings are straight from comfy clothes heaven! Not to mention CHEAP! Dang you Forever 21! Also, I bet your little Finn is gonna have so much hair!!! I haven't had a second of heartburn this whole time, I think Viv is gonna be the baldest baby on the block haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got similar maternity leggings at Target. (Be Maternity brand) So comfy! And great for the first weeks postpartum too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Leggings are definately key, I don't know how I would have survived pregnancy without them.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I'm excited to discover your's. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these lists! not preggo any more (the kid is 2.5) but they always get me thinking about what my must haves were ... grapefruit and taco bell. always FOOD. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts