I Like to Eat, Eat, Eat.

Definitely not what I've been eating.

Food has become the most important thing in my life. "What's for lunch?" "What do I get to eat next?" "I can't wait to go to Italian Village and get a pizza bender tonight." etc. I guess that just goes along with the pregnancy thing. There have been a few things that I just can't get enough of during this pregnancy, and I figure I better enjoy them now cause I CANNOT be gorging myself with these things after I deliver. Let me tell you about a few delicious things I have been rather fond of these past few months.


This is my newest obsession. It's called One-Minute Chocolate Cake. You mix up the ingredients, throw it in a mug, and stick it in the microwave for 40 seconds. It's the best thing, plus it's vegan!


I have one of these Orange Pushup Smoothies probably once a week. They are so creamy and scrumpcious!

Waffles are a daily thing for me now days. Which is strange because if you know me at all, I'm not a breakfast person. But this recipe makes the fluffiest, most delicious waffles. I'm sure the handful of chocolate chips I throw in adds to the deliciousness as well.



Middle eastern food and Indian food have been on my radar these past few months. We found a great falafel recipe that is super easy and super yummy. (Guess what? Falafel is pretty healthy so that's a plus!) And this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is great, just cut back the salt to 2 tsp. instead of 7. (7? what were they thinking?)

These Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits with sliced monterey jack cheese have been great for snacking on. If you haven't tried them you should.



Ok, anything chalky has me over the moon. These are my top 3 favorites right now.

These are the best! Thanks goodness it's Valentines Day season cause I go through a bag a week! But you have to get the Brach's brand cause they are chewy!

Wintergreen Lozenges. So good! I actually was a huge fan before I got pregnant but lately the cravings have been magnified by 10.

I know what your thinking. This isn't candy, and should not be eaten as candy. But they are so good and I limit myself to no more than 9 in 24 hours (as directed). Plus I got the sugar free kind so they're not so bad for me (so I keep telling myself)

Parmesan cheese is the greatest of all the cheeses. I was telling a friend the other day, I was considering putting some parm on my cereal. Yes that's how much I love it right now!


Green salad with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. I could eat this every night. (sometimes I do)


Smith's has a loaf of french bread for 1 dollar that I get every week. Slap a bit of butter on a slice and I'm happy. (but why stop at just one slice?)



Just so you know I do still eat healthy. My favorite cook book right now is Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters. There are some healthy recipes in this book and most of them are pretty simple and quick. She also has a blog that I get recipes from on a weekly basis.



So there you have it. See what I mean? Food is very important. In fact, this post is making me super hungry. What shall I make for dinner?

Comments

  1. lol. i remember LOVING the eating part of pregnancy. you're tastebuds are elevated and i just LOVED it. glad you're enjoying your gorging time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I always have to toast my bread for some weird reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts