Baby Shower Brunch


This weekend I threw my aunt Mikelle (who's only 2 years older than me, so she's more like my sister) a lovely little baby shower brunch. I love planning parties, and this was my first baby shower to plan so you can imagine my excitement. It turned out great and everyone, especially Mikelle and baby Aubrey (still in the womb) had a wonderful time.


This was my inspiration for the shower. Mikelle loves breakfast so we had to go with a brunch theme.


Isn't it so cute? The only thing I wish we had that we didn't is the bottles for milk and juice.


This is how it turned out. Not bad, check out that spread.




Thanks to everyone who helped out in bringing the food!




Instead of doing games we did crafts. We made bows for baby Aubrey and tied a quilt that I made for baby.


The bows turned out so cute. We used mainly felt and satin.


All finished. It turned out so cute I think. (boy, finding the right fabric was quite the chore)    



And for the little details...

I made these two banners with fabric, ribbon, and fabric glue. Super easy, no sewing required!



These two garlands were also easy but time consuming. I borrowed my moms round die cut and punched out all those little circles then glued two together binding the string in the middle.



Oh the ever popular poms! Here's the tutorial for those precious little balls of fluff. (Sus loved them)



I would say the shower turned out rather well. Mikelle had a blast and she got some fun things for baby.
 Here's a little snapshot to send you on your way. Our garbage lady. Yes she did this all on her own, she needed a little rest... crazy baby.

Hope everyone had a splendid weekend!

Comments

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lyssa!!! Everything turned out fabulous! I appreciate all the hard work you put into it! The decor was so adorable, and I love that I get to reuse most of it in the nursery! And that quilt is so gorgeous! Thanks for driving all over the valley to find the perfect fabric! You are the best!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! The dot garland thingys, those were cute! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are the hostess with the mostess Allyssa! Loved your ideas especially the craft bows instead of games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alyssa,

    I found your blog via pinterest. I'm hosting a shower next month and am planning to make headbands as well! ...however, I am new to the craftsy scene. :) How did you do yours? What materials did you use? Did you provide instructions? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated! The shower turned out beautifully! :) Thanks, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany!

      So we just found a bunch of tutorials on pinterest (on pinterest, type in the search box DIY felt flowers). We used basically only felt to make the little flowers and we got skinny elastic for the head bands and little clips (bought at the craft store). Let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I'll try the search!

      Delete
  5. Do you have a tutorial for the bows? What a beautiful shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way I can see that you could have caused that kind of damage is if you took a hammer to it - and that is just nuts.

    grout repair

    ReplyDelete


  7. Nice to meet you admin,

    I always love your food blogs the way you write which ia amazing.

    YOu know that yogurt is a super food and it's important to consume every member of our family.

    So, i decided to start a yogurt blog. Please admon motivate me to grow my blog.

    Here the vimeo profile of my "Family Yogurt" Blog. Check Greek Yogurt thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts