Not only is My Girl one of my favorite movies, but I feel at times that I am her. Here are 10 reasons why I am basically Vada Sultenfuss:
1. I live in a mortuary and I also lived here when I was 4 or 5.
2. Like Vada I was a hypochondriac, not necessarily to her extent but I was always concerned that I was dying or had a disease.
3. Vada had a big tree in her front yard she would sit in, I had a big tree in my back yard I would sit in.
4. Shelly had a camper in front of Vada's house and they would chill there, for some reason we had a camper on the side of our house for a few months and I would spend a lot of time in there.
5. In My Girl 2 there was a big round stain on their hard wood floor from a pumpkin, we had a big stain on our hardwood floor, I don't think it was from a pumpkin though.
6. Her grandma lived with her, we live with my grandma.
7. We both had serious attitude.
8. She won a goldfish at a carnival, I won a goldfish at a carnival... we both dropped them.
9. We both got trapped in the embalming room... kidding.
10."Hey Shelly, you like seafood? See food." My favorite trick to play on everyone as a child.
11. Oh one more, I walk down the street and The Temptations are playing in the background.
Ya I guess you could say me and Vada are one and the same. I think I'll go watch this flick.